Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Fry's Food

Dear Fry's,

I would like to start off by saying that your fried and rotisserie chicken are delicious!

Unfortunately, I had a recent experience that was not so pleasing. On Saturday, January 8th (3 days ago), I did my regular weekend shopping. I purchased a bag of Tillamook Sliced Sharp Cheddar Cheese. I opened it today - a few days later - and half the bag was completely molded. I've purchased this product before and never had any issues. I wonder if it was not shelved right or should have been pulled due to the expiration date. Tillamook cheese is not cheap, and I was not happy about having to throw out the entire bag.

I also purchased a 17oz bag of Peanut M&Ms that day. I also opened it today, and about 1/3 of the M&Ms were completely broken and crushed. I did not drop or mis-handle the bag in any way. I'm not sure whether this is a handling concern with you or a quality control concern with M&M/Mars, but I was again disappointed that I spent money on a product that was not up to par.

I always shop at Fry's. I even think Safeway has better produce, but you are just so much nicer, so I make it work. Is there anything you can do to make up for my recent disappointing purchases? Also, what's the secret to the fried chicken? I figure it's worth a shot asking. :)

Warm Regards,
Michelle Cole

Update:

Fry's did write me back saying that they would forward my complaint to the store manager of the Fry's I went to. The store manager called me yesterday. I have to call her back. We'll see what happens!

Update 2: I never called back, so that's my fault, not theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment