Tuesday, January 11, 2011

M&M

Dear M&Ms,

I would like to start out by saying that I love M&Ms. I have been a huge fan of the green M&M since long before her popularity in mainstream candydom. I actually wrote a persuasive speech in high school about the voting of the blue M&M. (I'm still slightly bitter that the new color replaced the tan M&M and no one was informed that it was a trade and not an addition, but at this point I should probably get over that. I mean, that was like ten years ago. I digress...)

I recently visited M&M World in Las Vegas, NV. This was a delightful experience, although I did feel the custom color mix M&Ms were grossly overpriced. I suppose that's what happens in Vegas, though. I'm wondering if you have M&M cuff links. I saw tie tacks there, but not cuff links.

Anyway, the primary reason for this email is to inform you that I recently had an unsatisfactory M&M experience. I purchased a 17 oz bag of Peanut M&Ms from a Fry's Grocery store in Phoenix, AZ where I reside. I opened the bag a few days later for a party only to find that about 1/3 of the M&Ms in the bag were completely broken. This left the others dusty and dull from all the debris in the bag.

Now, I realize this may be a handling concern on the part of the grocer, but I thought I would inform you as well on the off chance that it happened to be a quality control issue on your part. I was disappointed, but I will have you know that even broken peanut M&Ms have an addiction power roughly equivalent to that of heroin, and by the end of the night there was nary an M&M fragment in sight.

I've always loved you, M&M, but your bag of shattered candy coating cracked the candy coating of my own heart. I expected a bag of glossy, delicious M&Ms and instead got a bag of broken candy dreams.

Warm regards,
Michelle Cole

Update:

M&M Mars sent me an email asking me to call them with more detailed information (UPC, my address, etc.). I called them today, and the girl on the phone was wonderful. They are sending me replacement coupons that can be used for any M&M Mars product. Hooray!

1 comment:

  1. This one is laugh out loud funny!
    The candy coating out your heart????

    ReplyDelete