Tuesday, January 11, 2011

NYPD Pizza

Hello,

I would first like to comment by saying that I absolutely love NYPD Pizza. It is some of the most delicious pizza in town, and my experiences with your company have always been positive and delicious. I'm writing because of an experience I had last Thursday, January 6th. After almost 3 weeks of not eating pizza (this is unheard of -- I generally eat pizza more than once a week), I settled in at a friend's house for a lovely evening of Winter Wipeout (an extraordinary show, if you didn't know) and NYPD Pizza. We ordered our usual 16 inch pizza with ham and waited in hunger for the delivery to arrive. The pizza did arrive within the indicated 45 minutes we were told over the phone; however, the pie was under cooked. Not just a little under cooked. The cheese wasn't even fully melted on parts of it. Don't get me wrong - even a mediocre NYPD Pizza is better than most pizza other places, but we were admittedly disappointed. I actually put the last slice under the broiler to get the melty cheese I'm used to from NYPD. The crust was soft and light, rather than slightly crisp and golden brown. After such a long time of not eating pizza, this was a disappointment.

As I said, I love your pizza and I recommend it to lots of people. You also have the most amazing spinach artichoke dip I've ever encountered. I could eat it in bucket-sized portions. I thought you would like to know about my half-baked pizza experience because I know the pie was not up to NYPD standards. Honestly, if it were the difference between the delivery being 5 to ten minutes later and the pie being better cooked, I would have gladly waited. The quality of my pizza is of utmost importance.

I hope you share this feedback with your staff so that no one else gets an underbaked pizza, especially in a moment of intense pizza craving as was this specific occasion. I also hope my future experiences with NYPD will be more satisfying both to palate and soul. I could eat pizza every day and never get tired of it.

Long live NY style pizza! Thanks for listening.

Warm Regards,

Michelle Cole

Update:

NYPD called me to talk to me about my undercooked pizza. The guy I talked to was the manager of the store I bought the pizza from. He was really nice and we had a lovely chat. He's sending me a $25 gift certificate for anything I want at NYPD. This exceeds the value of the pizza I paid for the first time. Way to go, NYPD! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment