Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Southwest Air

Dear Southwest Airlines,

On the afternoon of May 8, 2010, it became necessary to change my flight from my original destination of Salt Lake City, UT. I was supposed to fly there to see a boy, but he got cold feet, which is beside the point. I decided to take a trip with one of my friends instead. And that's where the trouble began.

My friend and I are faithful fans of two things: Atlanta Braves baseball and really good BBQ. For this reason we decided to look into taking a trip to Atlanta to satisfy our craving for both of these things. Since I had already purchased tickets to Salt Lake City, we needed to fly Southwest, but unfortunately you do not fly to Atlanta, nor anywhere near it. In fact, as I'm sure you're aware, you don't fly to Georgia at all.

We ended up going to San Francisco, which was quite lovely. We did still end up going to a baseball game, which, while quite enjoyable, did result in some anger due to the poor performance of the Diamondbacks closing pitcher, Chad Qualls, who is horrible. Had we been able to go to Atlanta, we could have seen our favorite team. Hopefully this would have gone well, but even if it didn't, we could at least have consoled ourselves by consuming some delicious southern BBQ or perhaps a few Georgia peaches.

My point is, I think it would be greatly beneficial if you could add Atlanta as an available destination. I enjoy flying Southwest, and would prefer the option for rewards points on all of my trips; however, due to this specific issue, I will be forced to frequent some other airline if I want to see Chipper Jones play in ATL before he retires.

Thank you so much for your consideration in this matter. If you could at least recommend some good BBQ in destinations available via Southwest Airlines, that would be greatly appreciated as a consolation.

Warm Regards,

Michelle Cole


Their response:


Dear Michelle,

We appreciate your interest in having Southwest Airlines bring our low fares and friendly faces to Atlanta, GA. Whether or not it will join our ranks remains to be seen, but, if it can generate the volume of local Customer traffic that is essential for sustaining our presence, we will consider it as we are always reevaluating ways to maximize our flight schedule. In the meantime, we will let our Schedule Planning Leadership know of your wishes.

Sincerely,

Lyric, Southwest Airlines

No comments:

Post a Comment